[Cerowrt-devel] zones for other subnets

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Wed Nov 21 09:17:39 EST 2012

    Dave> It's not quite clear what you want from the description. in
    Dave> the case of two cerowrt routers on different subnets connected
    Dave> over ethernet or the babel ssid, they just route
    Dave> automatically, no firewall rules required, so long as they are
    Dave> on different IP subnets

It's not the static IP routes that matter.
It's the firewall rules that matter.

    Dave> From a firewalling perspective, dealing with guest interfaces
    Dave> in particular is trickier.

... yes.
Other router is a classic wrt54gl (8M flash, I think), so it does not
speak babel at this time, as it runs at least one release behind.

I will write  FAQ about doing multiple networks via VLAN tags.
Secret: ignore all of the stuff about the switch itself.

] mcr at sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
	               then sign the petition.