[Cerowrt-devel] Fwd: [homenet] Border Router Discovery Protocol

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Fri Oct 12 10:05:45 EDT 2012

    Dave> some activity on a needed standardization front...

    Dave> I would like to come up with ways, with ipv4, that will
    Dave> prevent double-or-worse nat from happening when multiple
    Dave> routers are plugged into together. With ipv6, to come up with
    Dave> good ways of distributing uniquely delegated ipv6 subnets out
    Dave> of an ISP's assigned prefixes.

I suggest from a specification point of view, that we first solve it for
IPv6, and then, in sunset4 (maybe?) extend this for IPv4 as appropriate.

>From an implementation point of view, CeroWRT can pioneer any
not-yet-standardized protocol, and this would be valuable input to the
process.

] mcr at sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
	               then sign the petition.