[Cerowrt-devel] shaggy dog story on 3.8.8-4 experiences

Robert Bradley robert.bradley1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 19:42:34 EDT 2013

On 30 April 2013 21:45, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Michael Richardson <mcr at sandelman.ca>
> wrote:
> > 5) I did get prefixes assigned to interfaces... alas, it duplicated
> >    prefixes which were already assigned to other interfaces!!!
> >    I did setup the hints, but perhaps not for all interfaces.
>
> I'm not sure what you are talking about here. ipassign 64 will take
> the 64 hint and assign something to it.

This is referring to something I have run into before, where the
auto-assignment code ignores any manually assigned /64 prefixes.  If you
hypothetically assign fd00:0:1::/64 to se00 and fd00:0:2::/64 to sw00, the
auto-assignment has a tendency to assign fd00:0:1::/64 to sw00 along with
your manually-assigned prefix.  I don't know how well auto-assignment plays
with AHCP, so I have tended to set things up manually to get around this.
--
Robert Bradley