[Cerowrt-devel] AQM scripts modified for DSL exploration

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sun Aug 11 16:22:58 EDT 2013

Hi Toke, hi List,

I got around to test your AQM scripts and GUI in cerowrt in 3.10.1-1, After some initial issues want to say I like those a lot. (In an earlier mail regarding that topic I assumed your scripts to behave funny on my system, but it just turns out that a fresh rebooted cerowrt router needs a bit of time before reaching steady state; and I foolishly did the initial tests immediately after booting it up, so your scripts are fine, I needed some work :) ).
	Anyway, since I am back on an ADSL2+ line that suffers from ATM quantization issues, I went ahead and played with your scripts and the luci component that goes with it. The current work in progress is attached (well, at least the files I modified). If you think these changes are acceptable I would love to donate them :)
	Ah what is changed? Both linklayer and  overhead can be specified in the luci GUI, and in addition to HTB's internal adaptation layer one can choose the "generic" tc stab mechanism instead (except in the attached state the user has to make sure to select only one of these options…) I would love if this functionality, if not the implementation, would end up in the next version of the AQM scripts…

Best
	Sebastian