[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.2-1 dev release + owamp

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 17:52:23 EDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I see that 3.10.5-1 is out.

I'm just keeping up with the patches and the openwrt tree. Stephen
walker also dropped in a huge update to a bunch of packages

As for 3.10.5-1.

It builds, it boots. 3.10 will be the "stable" version of linux for a
while, so it's going to pay to backport some stuff.  There are a ton
of patches in net-next (a better fix to 6in4 encapsulation and a
couple tcp fixes in particular), a mod to nfq_codel I want to put in
and then there's this ongoing htb issue.

I apologize for merely watching that debate blur by and not doing much
about it. It seemed like you were making progress... and Jesper was on
vacation, and I was wrapped up in ietf and then cluecon and just got
back from chicago yesterday...

On the plus side the members of the aqm bof voted overwhelmingly (180+
folk) in favor to propose a working group for aqm and packet
scheduling. It's up before the board now and the proposed charter is
here:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/aqm/charter/

I spent a great deal of time this past month fooling with webrtc and
fq_codel and variants and talked a bit about that experience at
cluecon:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/hqitKPqAHkc

I've asked a buddy to get the slides incorporated directly in the
video... they are really needed to keep the context going.

> On Jul 26, 2013, at 07:20 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> sysupgrade -n doesn't work with this release. Stay away. I have a new
>> build of 3.10.3-1 and am trying to fix it…
>
>         Does sys upgrade -n work for this release?

I don't know. I just got back! :/ I'll be sure to find out in a day or
so after I unpack my demo routers...

The odds are extremely good I'll try a 3.10.6 based build this week
and be able to poke harder into it. However, fixing the dsl issue is
going to take some work and as I'm also prototyping some codel changes
in x86 I will probably be testing the patchset on that arch rather
than in cero, first. Felix has also been doing some serious rework
around wifi aggregation handling...

I don't have anything seriously conflicting on my schedule for the
next several weeks so I hope we'll get much closer to a stable version
of everything on everything soon.

Are there any other serious roadblockers to a release? Any new
packages that are needed?

I saw the aqm script patches go by a few minutes ago, I'll be sure to
take look at them before popping something new out...