[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.2-1 dev release + owamp

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Mon Aug 12 04:55:24 EDT 2013

Hi Dave,

On Aug 11, 2013, at 23:52 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> I see that 3.10.5-1 is out.
>
> I'm just keeping up with the patches and the openwrt tree. Stephen
> walker also dropped in a huge update to a bunch of packages
>
> As for 3.10.5-1.
>
> It builds, it boots. 3.10 will be the "stable" version of linux for a
> while, so it's going to pay to backport some stuff.  There are a ton
> of patches in net-next (a better fix to 6in4 encapsulation and a
> couple tcp fixes in particular), a mod to nfq_codel I want to put in
> and then there's this ongoing htb issue.

	Good to know, thanks.

> I apologize for merely watching that debate blur by and not doing much
> about it. It seemed like you were making progress…

	Oh, nothing to see here, Fred and I are both actually on ADSL lines so we need to do the testing anyway, and it is fun to some degree trying to figure out what is the issue with his setup. It looks like is a window of opportunity to switch to VDSL2+ in autumn and I very much would like to that, so I want to help with the ADSL issues while I still can test. That said if anyone has additional input I would be happy to hear it.

> and Jesper was on
> vacation, and I was wrapped up in ietf and then cluecon and just got
> back from chicago yesterday…

	I saw the video on your site, but have not gotten around to actually watch it…

> On the plus side the members of the aqm bof voted overwhelmingly (180+
> folk) in favor to propose a working group for aqm and packet
> scheduling. It's up before the board now and the proposed charter is
> here:
>
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/aqm/charter/
>
> I spent a great deal of time this past month fooling with webrtc and
> fq_codel and variants and talked a bit about that experience at
> cluecon:
>
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/hqitKPqAHkc
>
> I've asked a buddy to get the slides incorporated directly in the
> video... they are really needed to keep the context going.

	Great, will wait for that

	Not a real packet request, but open connect (http://www.infradead.org/openconnect/) and ocserv (http://www.infradead.org/ocserv/ ) look quite interesting. (I have to access several servers using open connect and it would be sweet to have this connection directly set up in cerowrt so I can keep the client computers pristine). But I am unsure how well these integrate into current openwork trunk and hence cerowrt...

> I saw the aqm script patches go by a few minutes ago, I'll be sure to
> take look at them before popping something new out…

	Great!

best
	Sebastian