[Cerowrt-devel] Meshing broken?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 18:48:58 EDT 2013

ahcpd is enabled in client mode by default in this test series. So either
you need to have an ahcpd server or two on the mesh running, or to assign
ips manually in /etc/config/network for gw11 and gw01.

See the differences between /etc/config/ahcpd prior to 3.10 for how to
setup a server version of ahcpd

It's nice to know someone is playing with and actually dependent on the
meshy stuff.

I can revert back to server mode if you like but I had a reason for
switching to ahcpd client mode by default. 33 machines in the lab are
clients, and accidentally ending up with a rogue ahcp server on that caused
me serious headaches. Several times. I could, I guess, leave the static ips
up....

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Juergen Botz <jurgen at botz.org> wrote:

> In the whole 3.10.x series (2-6 so far) meshing appears to be
> broken... my routers come up without an address on either of
> the babel interfaces.  Reverting to 3.7.5 makes it work again.
>
> All the relevant processes (babeld, zebra, watchquagga) seem
> to be running, and there are no obvious error messages I can
> find...
>
> :j

Fixing bufferbloat with cerowrt:
http://www.teklibre.com/cerowrt/subscribe.html