[Cerowrt-devel] Meshing broken?

Juergen Botz jurgen at botz.org
Fri Aug 16 10:14:15 EDT 2013

On 08/15/2013 07:48 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
> ahcpd is enabled in client mode by default in this test series. So
> either you need to have an ahcpd server or two on the mesh running, or
> to assign ips manually in /etc/config/network for gw11 and gw01.
>
> See the differences between /etc/config/ahcpd prior to 3.10 for how to
> setup a server version of ahcpd

Well I had been doing sysupgrades, so my config didn't change,
and I had one router as server and one as client in my config
regardless of what you made the default.  But first in 3.10.x
ahcpd wasn't even coming up... this part I figured out, it was
because I had the two 'list interface gwXX' lines in
/etc/config/ahcpd commented out; up through 3.7.x ahcpd came up
and did its thing regardless, but as of 3.10.x those lines are
needed for ahcpd to start.

Now ahcpd starts up, but the gw{01,11} interfaces still
don't seem to get an address even though /etc/config/network
does list them with 'proto ahcp'.

So something is still different... any ideas?

:j