[Cerowrt-devel] IPv6 address assignment and naming

Hannes Frederic Sowa hannes at stressinduktion.org
Fri Aug 16 18:08:38 EDT 2013

Hello all!

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 11:21:03PM +0200, Teco Boot wrote:
> The IPv6 subtrees in on its way :-). After 3.11 we can ask for backports.

It is already in davem's stable queue and should be integrated in the next stable
kernels. If openwrt picks them up, it should show up there, too.

> > While most of the ipv6 stuff in openwrt is going increasingly well, AND we just got working multi-prefix routing fixed in the linux kernel (not sure if the IPV6_subtrees spatches are committed or backported yet), there are still integration hassles with ipv6 going on. (I expect integration hassles for years, actually - dealing with the pure dynamic assignments the isps are demanding is nearly impossible)

May I ask if those fixes for multi-prefix routing made it upstream? Btw. I
am more then willing to have a look at ipv6 kernel problems and maybe
fix them. ;)

Thanks a lot,

  Hannes