[Cerowrt-devel] Wireless failures 3.10.17-3

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Wed Dec 11 13:25:28 EST 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Stephen Hemminger <
stephen at networkplumber.org> wrote:

> Has anyone seen wireless failing after several days with 3.10.17-3?

I'm running 3.10.21-1, which I installed late last week.

I've had the router's wireless go catatonic several times, and there are
error messages in the log from the ath9k driver.

I got the logs to Dave to be able to look at, which won't be before the
weekend at best: he's conferencing this week.

> The symptoms are devices fall off the net several days (or a week) after
> router has been running. I saw the bg AP go away, but the 5 Ghz AP still
> working. Wired attachment works.

I didn't investigate if the 5ghz was still running; wired definitely was
running fine (I have a second router running stock Netgear firmware, so I
can associate with it and poke at the main router I have running CeroWrt.