[Cerowrt-devel] Wireless failures 3.10.17-3

David Personette dperson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 13:30:17 EST 2013

I've seen similar (not necessarily on 3.10.17-3) on earlier versions of
cerowrt and openwrt. And a co-worker has had it happen on dd-wrt.

The solution (band-aid / work around / hack) was to restart dnsmasq on the
router. I added a line to crontab (included below) to do it preemptively
and haven't seen the problem manifest in close to a year now.

# restart dnsmasq at 03:17 every morning:
17 3 * * *    /etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart

I never found anything useful in the logs, or any better way to reproduce
it than wait between 2-7 days for devices to stop working. If I'd had
better luck coming up with a cause / error message, I'd have logged an
error, but felt embarrassed to. Not I'm sorry that I didn't share what I
found to help others that it was affecting. I initially just rebooted the
router when it flared up, but eventually got fed up and tried restarting
daemons one at a time till things worked again. Hope this helps.

--
David P.