[Cerowrt-devel] Field Report on CeroWrt 3.10.24-1

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 13:16:45 EST 2013

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Rich Brown <richb.hanover at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did a tftp install of CeroWrt 3.10.42-1 on my secondary WNDR3800. I then used the “secondary” script to reconfigure the subnets and SSIDs to be different from my primary CeroWrt router. I know that a lot of things are still in flux, but I thought I should comment that I noticed the following:
>
> 0) It seems to work mostly. I could connect my MacBook on Ethernet, but not wireless (see below) I ran RRUL with reasonable results (I think)
>
> 1) Only the ge00 interface was in its proper firewall zone (wan); I used the GUI to move all the gwxx to guest and se00 and swxx interfaces to lan.

We are using the + syntax to put stuff in their proper zones. It's
faster, but doesn't show up in the guy properly.
E.g. s+ is the secure zone (1 firewall rule instead of 3) and gw+ is
the guest zone (1 firewall rule instead of 4)

I don't know how to represent this properly in the gui.

> 2) None of the wireless SSIDs (2.4 or 5 GHz) allowed connections. It appears that they’re there, my MacBook sees them, but it cannot get an address for itself on those SSIDs.
>
> 3) Clicking the AQM tab gave the following diagnostic info:
>
> /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:448: Failed to execute cbi dispatcher target for entry '/admin/network/aqm'.
> The called action terminated with an exception:
> /usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/aqm.lua:63: attempt to index global 'sc' (a nil value)
> stack traceback:
>         [C]: in function 'assert'
>         /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:448: in function 'dispatch'
>         /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:195: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:194>

Fixed in git head

> 3a) To work around this (as noted in another message on the list), remove leading “s” of line 63 of /usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/aqm.lua to read:
>
> c:depends("advanced", "1”)
>
> 4) In the AQM tab, I’m not sure which linklayer adaptation mechanism to use. It would be good to have a concise summary of the proper settings for various use cases. (And to install a set of defaults that will “do the right thing” for the majority of people, so we don’t have to explain it very often.)

I agree that that page is puzzling as hell, and needs a pointer to
what sorts of DSL services require it.

> 5) I did *not* try the Hurricane Electric 6in4 tunnel.

as a secondary router it would be better to assign it addresses on
your existing /48