[Cerowrt-devel] administrative questions

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 01:06:30 EST 2013

re: your bugs https://www.bufferbloat.net/issues/424 through 426.

Thank you! Had I noticed I'd have tried to fold these into 3.7.5-2.

in the case of emailing the bug tracker a new bug, it is better to attach
the patch rather than put it inline.

In the case of emailing humans, inline on this list is fine and will get
you more eyeballs.

Did these patches apply to 3.7.x?

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 7:51 AM, Ketan Kulkarni <ketkulka at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks William
> Its generally Dave who decides and applies the patches.
> Building cerowrt has been a pain for us (except Dave) for a while.

No, building cero is a PITA for me too!

I did build a builder vm recently in the hope I could make it easier for
people. Haven't had the bandwidth to upload 5GB... cut it down to 2GB...
it's a zillion times slower than a native build...

Not particularly well documented is that current development of cerowrt is
in the cerowrt-next, cerofiles-next, and ceropackages-3.3 repos on github.

I HAVE been pushing and tagging the more good releases in the hope that
someone would try to update the build_cero.sh script to match the current
reality. The website and onboard doc are in a dire need of a facelift...

> On Jan 31, 2013 11:13 PM, "William Allen Simpson" <
> william.allen.simpson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 1/30/13 10:03 PM, Ketan Kulkarni wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks William. Please try re-logging in and you should get the required
>>> access.
>>>

>> OK, I've submitted a small patch series fixing a 0-day and a crashing bug.
>> Is this the correct process?  The lines don't display very well, but the
>> emails sent look OK.
>>
>> Next time, I'll try {{{ }}} bracing to signal no text processing.  That
>> works on some other trackers.

Fixing bufferbloat with cerowrt:
http://www.teklibre.com/cerowrt/subscribe.html