[Cerowrt-devel] Switch Issue

William Katsak wkatsak at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 14:43:37 EST 2013

Hey guys,

Thanks for the help troubleshooting.

So it turns out that one of the machines on the restricted VLAN (this is
a small charity/nonprofit, this VLAN is for their clients to browse the
web) got infected with something and was generating a mind-blowing
amount of broadcast traffic. Since the cero router is the device that
routes between the VLANs, the switch was getting hit with all of this
traffic and locking up.

The fact that I had all three VLANs trunked over one port made it so
that I couldn't see anything to figure out how to fix it...once I got
someone on site to start poking at cables, I was able to split each VLAN
to a different wire, then was able to get to the Dell managed switch
interface and figure out who was the culprit.

Thanks again!
-Bill