[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt 3.7.2-3 released, still in a battle with ipv6

Richard Brown Rich.Brown at intermapper.com
Fri Jan 18 08:23:04 EST 2013

Dave, Maciej,

On Jan 17, 2013, at 4:47 PM, <cerowrt-devel-request at lists.bufferbloat.net<mailto:cerowrt-devel-request at lists.bufferbloat.net>>  wrote:

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Maciej Soltysiak <maciej at soltysiak.com<mailto:maciej at soltysiak.com>> wrote:
Hi, I configured he.net<http://he.net/> tunnel according to http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network6 and works with latest 3.7.2-4.

However I don't understand how my client is supposed get an ip6 address. radvd is gone and I don't see anything handing out me an ip6 addr. Who's job is it now then?

dnsmasq is supposed to do the job now, but the configuration via openwrt's
config is in flux. There is documentation floating about on dnsmasq-discuss as well as inside the the dnsmasq-2.66test10 tarball on how to do it at the command line....

I have the same problem with 3.7.2-4: my HE.net<http://HE.net> connection works fine, CeroWrt gets the expected global IPv6 addresses, and each of the five interfaces (not but not the babel ones) get nice routed global addresses allocated from my /48.

But my Mac (using either wired or wireless) doesn't get a v6 address. Do you have any links to the dnsmasq documentation (a quick google didn't turn up anything.) Thanks.

Rich