[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt 3.7.2-3 released, still in a battle with ipv6

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 10:26:19 EST 2013

There are multiple threads on the stateless dhcp and dhcp implementation
going on here:

http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2013q1/thread.html

among other things, "enable-ra" should be getting set in the generated
dnsmasq conf file and probably isn't right now. Perhaps it can be manually
set?

I'm hoping ipv6 support isn't mission critical for anyone? I really wasn't
planning on A) breaking it, or B) fixing it - this week. I DO care about
exercising the ipv6 portion of the stack a lot though, there are still a
few new instruction traps left to kill in the kernel (see bug 419)

(dhcpv6 support also has trouble - can't even assign the delegated prefix)

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Richard Brown
<Rich.Brown at intermapper.com>wrote:

>  Dave, Maciej,
>
>  On Jan 17, 2013, at 4:47 PM, <cerowrt-devel-request at lists.bufferbloat.net
> >  wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Maciej Soltysiak <maciej at soltysiak.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I configured he.net tunnel according to
>> http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network6 and works with latest 3.7.2-4.
>>
>> However I don't understand how my client is supposed get an ip6 address.
>> radvd is gone and I don't see anything handing out me an ip6 addr. Who's
>> job is it now then?
>>

> dnsmasq is supposed to do the job now, but the configuration via openwrt's
> config is in flux. There is documentation floating about on
> dnsmasq-discuss as well as inside the the dnsmasq-2.66test10 tarball on how
> to do it at the command line....
>

>  I have the same problem with 3.7.2-4: my HE.net connection works fine,
> CeroWrt gets the expected global IPv6 addresses, and each of the five
> interfaces (not but not the babel ones) get nice routed global addresses
> allocated from my /48.
>
>  But my Mac (using either wired or wireless) doesn't get a v6 address. Do
> you have any links to the dnsmasq documentation (a quick google didn't turn
> up anything.) Thanks.
>
>  Rich

Fixing bufferbloat with cerowrt:
http://www.teklibre.com/cerowrt/subscribe.html