[Cerowrt-devel] fq_codel through Tor

David Lang david at lang.hm
Sat Jan 19 04:17:12 EST 2013

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013, Dave Taht wrote:

> https://srv1.openwireless.org/pipermail/tech/2012-December/000332.html
>
> I haven't the foggiest idea what this traffic would look like. Is it even
> possible to induce bufferbloat through tor?

with your packets bouncing through so many systems there are sure a lot of
buffers in play. Especially given that Tor is not trying to find the most
efficent route to send the packets, I would not be surprised to see occasional
bottlenecks.

On the other hand, I don't know what you can do other than the basic queue
management stuff you are already working on.

David Lang