[Cerowrt-devel] Got DHCPv6 working in CeroWrt 3.7.x over HE.net tunnel

Richard E. Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 23:17:17 EST 2013

Thanks to Dave Täht and Robert Bradley for the pointers to making CeroWrt 3.7.x hand out IPv6 addresses to LAN devices. (This has been tested with 3.7.4-2.)  The process is indeed a few simple steps:

1) remove dnsmasq & dnsmasq-dhcpv6, then install again (see Dave Täht's note below)
2) Add config to /etc/dnsmasq.conf to hand out DHCPv6 addresses (as suggested by Robert Bradley)
3) Tweak the firewall to put henet 6in4 tunnel into WAN zone
3) Bring up henet and restart network, firewall, dnsmasq

There's a fully-functional script at: http://www.bufferbloat.net/attachments/download/165/tunnelbroker.sh that does this. (You'll have to substitute your own credentials there…) Save the script as a file in /tmp and execute it - it does all the configuration for you.

Thanks again!

Rich Brown
Hanover, NH USA