[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.7.4-3 released

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 07:09:20 EST 2013

thx  for the hard work of everybody here on straightening out the ipv6
configuration issues!

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/wndr/3.7.4-3/

+ ipv6 traps dead, dead, dead
+ dnsmasq-2.66test12 with dhcpv6 (I hope!) by default
+ config for such
+ ntpclient/and luci app for such removed
+ ntp server enabled by default
+ nut (ups daemon) support added as a module (support for usbhid for
cyberpower upses, which I just got 3 of)

I *haven't tested this* however the delta from 3.7.4-2 is small (and it's
4AM, so the way things are going y'all will have found and fixed 2 more
bugs before I wake up).

Next up here from an ipv6 perspective is dhcpv6-pd, trying to come up with
something that will work again for ahcp, and hopefully cisco's "pie"
algorithm and a revised version of "cake"... at which point I'd like to
think "beta", and regardless, start updating the web site to point to
"modena" rather than "sugarland" as the release, updating the
documentation, etc, etc.

If anyone has any "must haves" before calling this release "feature
complete", and ready for beta, speak up now!

One thing waiting in the wings is a vmware vm of a complete ubuntu based
cerowrt build system. It is kind of my hope to lower the barriers to entry
to distribute that. I have that ready to go, I just don't have the
bandwidth available right now to upload a 2GB file.....

PS

There's also up a version for the picostation 2mHP and nanostation 5M
radios. This is a highly specialized build requiring babel and p2p links,
it goes up on on a /32 only by default, has my public key in it, and a few
other things. I'm at the yurtlab for a week and hope to test stuff at scale.

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/nano-m/3.7.4-3/

back to bed.

Fixing bufferbloat with cerowrt:
http://www.teklibre.com/cerowrt/subscribe.html