[Cerowrt-devel] administrative questions

Ketan Kulkarni ketkulka at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 22:03:53 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 10:19 PM, William Allen Simpson
<william.allen.simpson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/29/13 11:24 PM, Ketan Kulkarni wrote:
>>
>> To add issues and do tracking, you need to register. Once registered,
>> I can provide you the required access.
>> If you have registered already, please let me know your login id so I
>> can grant access. I couldn't find you in the user's list.
>>
> Thought the mail login would be sufficient, but apparently not.  Made
> DayDreamer today.  Was able to get https running, although it's not
> default for login!  (probably should fix that.)

Thanks William. Please try re-logging in and you should get the required access.

>> Downloading the archives is a problem for everyone which I think
>> Dave(?) needs to address.
>>
> OK, I still use POP3 and Thunderbird, so I can grep and organize.
> None of that "cloud" stuff for me! :-)
>

>> You can submit the patches to this list, ccing Dave, or you can attach
>> it to the reported bugs for better future tracking.
>> All standard linux formatting applies here as well.
>>
> OK.  I have various TCP, TCPCT (RFC 6013) and RFC1323bis patches from
> several years ago.  I'm slowly updating my patches from 2.6.33 and .37
> to 3.7.4, but pretty much nothing is patching cleanly -- so it's going
> to be a long hard slog.

Yes there was a discussion about TCPCT recently on this list.
https://lists.bufferbloat.net/pipermail/cerowrt-devel/2013-January/000887.html
I also note the latest cero 3.7.2+ has the TCP Fast Open support. We
also have hacked few tools (httping and polipo proxy notably) to
support TCP Fast Open. The gains over wifi by TFO are pretty good.
Preliminary results here -
http://www.bufferbloat.net/attachments/158/multiple_packet_sizes.ods

Though I personally haven't looked at the security aspect of TFO, it
would be good to have wider views on the same. At the same time around
Dave pointed me to TCPCT RFC.

Thanks,
Ketan