[Cerowrt-devel] administrative questions

William Allen Simpson william.allen.simpson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 11:28:18 EST 2013

On 1/30/13 10:03 PM, Ketan Kulkarni wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 10:19 PM, William Allen Simpson
> <william.allen.simpson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 1/29/13 11:24 PM, Ketan Kulkarni wrote:
>>> You can submit the patches to this list, ccing Dave, or you can attach
>>> it to the reported bugs for better future tracking.
>>> All standard linux formatting applies here as well.
>>>
>> OK.  I have various TCP, TCPCT (RFC 6013) and RFC1323bis patches from
>> several years ago.  I'm slowly updating my patches from 2.6.33 and .37
>> to 3.7.4, but pretty much nothing is patching cleanly -- so it's going
>> to be a long hard slog.
>>
> Yes there was a discussion about TCPCT recently on this list.
> https://lists.bufferbloat.net/pipermail/cerowrt-devel/2013-January/000887.html

Aha, just the kinda thing that I was looking for....

> Though I personally haven't looked at the security aspect of TFO, it
> would be good to have wider views on the same. At the same time around
> Dave pointed me to TCPCT RFC.

I've actually got a preliminary "TFO Considered Harmful" written, but
was waiting for their RFC to be published.

Gettys had invited me here (from TCPM WG) some time ago, and I actually
bought a pair of WNDR3800 last February specifically to run CeroWRT.
But then the release seemed very unstable at the time, and I stuck with
the Netgear code and gave one to a brother.

I am now running sugarland.  I'll start submitting proposed patches
(tested on a spare linux box, not risking my access to the net) via
the Issues.  I'm patching against .../stable/linux-stable.git, but it
compiles as 2.8.0-rc3+ -- is that what CeroWRT is/will be using?

I was looking for a .git repository and compile instructions, but
didn't find anything under Documents or Files.