[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt dev 3.8.13-7 released

Steven Barth cyrus at openwrt.org
Wed Jun 12 05:58:02 EDT 2013

Hi Ole,

it sounds similar, however its probably a more simplified version for now.

As we have DHCPv6-PD as the only officially integrated way of receiving
prefixes from upstream routers (and that doesn't really allow to assign
prefixes to a specific router) - and all other methods are either static
configuration or point-to-point tunnels we currently don't differentiate
between different routers on the same upstream-interface.
That means we have one routing table per upstream interface.

However if anyone is to integrate something like OSPF protocol handlers
into netifd which allows to associate source prefixes with routes this
will probably be added. For now we just wanted to be as compliant as
possible regarding RFC 6204 and 6204-bis12 and we need the source-based
routing for generic multiwan and to send out the ingress/egress policy
failed stuff.

Btw. we backported the new IPv6-stack to Attitude Adjustment as well:
See
<http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network6#features>http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network6
for our current status, list of features and so on.

Cheers,

Steven