[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt dev 3.8.13-7 released

Ole Troan otroan at employees.org
Wed Jun 12 06:10:13 EDT 2013

Steven,

> it sounds similar, however its probably a more simplified version for now.
>
> As we have DHCPv6-PD as the only officially integrated way of receiving prefixes from upstream routers (and that doesn't really allow to assign prefixes to a specific router) - and all other methods are either static configuration or point-to-point tunnels we currently don't differentiate between different routers on the same upstream-interface.
> That means we have one routing table per upstream interface.

right, as long as you also install RFC4191 MSR routes into the correct table per upstream I think you'll have the exact same behaviour as described in the draft.

> However if anyone is to integrate something like OSPF protocol handlers into netifd which allows to associate source prefixes with routes this will probably be added. For now we just wanted to be as compliant as possible regarding RFC 6204 and 6204-bis12 and we need the source-based routing for generic multiwan and to send out the ingress/egress policy failed stuff.

Markus has done that in the IETF homenet project. but the Linux multiple routing table support either needs to be extended for full support, or routes must be duplicated among tables.

> Btw. we backported the new IPv6-stack to Attitude Adjustment as well:
> See http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network6 for our current status, list of features and so on.

splendid! really good to see progress on IPv6 support in openwrt.

cheers,
Ole