[Cerowrt-devel] DLNA between wired and wireless again

Maciej Soltysiak maciej at soltysiak.com
Fri Jun 28 14:56:12 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 5:16 PM, jason arends <jason.arends at gmail.com>wrote:

> Saw this post
> https://lists.bufferbloat.net/pipermail/cerowrt-devel/2013-January/000924.html which
> said it was working in 3.7.2-4, but I haven't been able to get this working
> right for me on 3.7.5-2.  Did something change that broke this or have I
> misconfigured something?  After some fiddling with pimd, route, miniupnpd,
> minissdpd, etc, I have ended up where the client on wireless (Xbox360
> console) can see my wired computer (Win 8) but when it tries to open it, it
> can't browse the contents.  This works when both are on the same wireless,
> but I get some buffering/lag in video playback

I had the same problems. I was then able to hint Dave where the issue might
be and it really was working out of the box for me (Wired Samsung TV, win7
laptop on 802.11g and n).
Unfortunately since then I was never able to figure out what's going on.
Are you able to share what you did to improve your situation?

In wireshark, I see the SSDP search from the Xbox and then when the Xbox
> tries to access it, the computer replying to the console with a Server
> Error 500 containing "Access Denied" and I think it's because the computer
> can't see the console.  I can ping it though.  When I put the computer on
> the same wireless as the console, then open the Network folder and hit
> refresh, the Xbox pops up along with other things on wireless (Roku, etc)
> but when the computer is wired, it doesn't see any of those, so I think
> something about the SSDP packets isn't working quite right between subnets
> or with pimd.  My guess is the SSDP search from the computer isn't getting
> to the wifi, only vice versa.

You're in a better situation than I am in. To me, Error 500 suggests the
issue is located outside minissdpd or the router.

> Not sure where to go next, any ideas?  (is this the right place to
> ask/troubleshoot this?)

I don't know a better one.

Maciej