[Cerowrt-devel] reproducing network research results with mosh

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 09:27:22 EDT 2013

http://reproducingnetworkresearch.wordpress.com/2013/03/14/mosh-cs244-13/

I embraced mosh wholeheartedly about a year ago. I've been installing
it everywhere I go, with much of the same enthusiasm I had for putting
mosaic on everything back in the early 90s.

As a ssh replacement for interactive traffic, mosh is of tremendous
use, particularly in the case where machines are suspended/resumed,
move access points, or are experiencing wildly variable latency and/or
long RTTs.

It's now available across most unix OSes, and often installable via
the standard package manager.

http://mosh.mit.edu/

Try it!

It would be awesome if this tech could make it into a generation of
command line interfaces for embedded gear like routers and switches.
However at the moment the server code requires C++ and libstd++, which
makes it overlarge for the lowest end of gear.