[Cerowrt-devel] [Babel-users] Lookingfor

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Tue Mar 19 16:13:39 EDT 2013

> Scaling dv to a million is something of a challenge.

With or without aggregation?

With aggregation, there should be no problem scaling to 500 subnets of
2000 nodes each.

> I would dearly like someone to work with on attempting to implement
> new metrics in babel.

We are working on that.  The smoothed metrics work is a necessary
prerequisite for interesting metrics (which will be intrinsically
unstable), and Matthieu and I have just finished the details of the
delay-based routing.  Unfortunately, we're being delayed by the fact
that our test network is broken right now (our old server has been
decomissioned, and nobody has had time to set up the new one until
last week).

> Also fred baker has outlined some interesting ideas for SRC/DST
> routing  and address assignment that were just demoed in the ietf
> homenet's ospf implementation last week. I think many of the same
> ideas and tlvs can be carried over into babel.

Yeah, I certainly need to look at that at some point.

-- Juliusz