[Cerowrt-devel] [homenet] pushing the bird faster

Steven Barth cyrus at openwrt.org
Wed May 8 05:20:58 EDT 2013

On 08.05.2013 11:07, Dave Taht wrote:
> Unless you wish to maintain these modifications forever, it is helpful
> to seek consensus with the mainline developers of these tools to push
> your patches in a mutually acceptible form. I would suspect that dnsmasq
> and odhcp6c devs would be amiable to a discussion at the very least.

Speaking for odhcp6c I have looked into the homenet changes yesterday
and I don't see it as a big hassle to merge these features into the main
branch at some point once they have an official IANA number and the
specs are somewhat stable.

Also feel free to contact me if you are thinking about getting anything
IPv6-related upstream to OpenWrt and we can discuss that or you can of
course also use the official channels, mailing lists and so on.