[Cerowrt-devel] anybody here hacking on android?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri May 10 04:23:42 EDT 2013

I am planning to add a few android devices to the fq_codel'd campground
wifi testbed this summer. It looks like the nexus 7 is well supported by
cyanogenmod, my only kvetch with that device is that there is no 5ghz
support on it, and it looks like there are blobs to be had in various bits
of that platform.

Is there a better device more worth hacking on? Is there anybody else here
hacking on a specific device?

My core criteria is being able to have deep insight into the gsm/lte and/or
wifi drivers.

Secondly I've never built a thing for android, it looks like it uses an
ancient dnsmasq (?)

http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2013q2/007135.html

and while I know at least one person on this list has got fq_codel running
on it, I have not a lot of clue as to how to track that work.

Fixing bufferbloat with cerowrt:
http://www.teklibre.com/cerowrt/subscribe.html