[Cerowrt-devel] fiddling with wireless, batman-adv, etc

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon May 13 20:29:47 EDT 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Richard Smith <richard at laptop.org> wrote:

> > batman-adv has really come a long way:
> >
> > http://www.open-mesh.org/projects/batman-adv/wiki/Doc-overview
>
> Neat.  Any idea how it would perform in the OLPC torture test of 50
> nodes all in a classroom (no AP)?
>
> --
> Richard A. Smith
> One Laptop per Child

I believe these results (which was from about that many machines and there
were some good data being presented and crunched) were using multiple
channels and diversity routing, which in the b.a.t.m.a.n world
is called "interface alternating"

http://www.open-mesh.org/projects/batman-adv/wiki/Multi-link-optimize

As I recall OLPC now has two radios?

The distributed arp table landed in the mainline linux kernel fairly
recently

http://www.open-mesh.org/projects/batman-adv/wiki/DistributedArpTable

(in fact most of batman-adv is in the kernel nowadays)

Fixing bufferbloat with cerowrt:
http://www.teklibre.com/cerowrt/subscribe.html