[Cerowrt-devel] fiddling with wireless, batman-adv, etc

Richard Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon May 13 20:47:57 EDT 2013

> I believe these results (which was from about that many machines and there
> were some good data being presented and crunched) were using multiple
> channels and diversity routing, which in the b.a.t.m.a.n world
> is called "interface alternating"
>
> http://www.open-mesh.org/projects/batman-adv/wiki/Multi-link-optimize

Ok.  I'll have to ask about it on the batman-adv list.

> As I recall OLPC now has two radios?

Yes.  We added a Marvell 8787 option to the XO-4.  The 8787 can do
either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz just not simultaneous.  In theory you could use
the 8787 card with an XO-1.75 but the mwifiex driver would need to be
backported on to the 1.75 kernel or OLPC 1.75 specific patches ported
to a newer kernel with mwifiex support.  Both involve a good bit of
effort.

--
Richard A. Smith
One Laptop per Child