[Cerowrt-devel] tp-link 4300 evaluation

David Lang david at lang.hm
Mon May 27 05:32:14 EDT 2013

On Sun, 26 May 2013, Lance Hepler wrote:

> That's tragic. I just picked up a Netgear WNDR4300 (openbox on sale at the
> local Fry's) to see if I could hack up a CeroWrt clone on it. It seems to
> be mostly the same hardware as the WNDR3700v4 and the TP-Link WDR43[01]0,
> with things just wired up slightly differently.

As I understnad it, the difference between the WNDR3700v4 and WNDR4300 is that
the 4300 has a slightly better wireless chip.

Unfortunantly from what I've seen so far, they did something wierd with the
storage and as a result the stock openwrt can't access it. I've seen reports of
people getting it to run from an initramfs, but this means that no settings can
be preserved across reboot.

If you've seen anything different, I'd be very interested to hear about it (I
picked up a 3700v4 and a couple 4300's for testing)

David Lang