[Cerowrt-devel] if you can't tell

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 14:57:20 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Richard E. Brown
<richb.hanover at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> The flurry of comments on 3.10.18 that I posted were partially caused because I used sysupgrade (the first time ever! Previously, I had used tftp.) and I think some problems were caused because I kept the configuration. I’m looking for a bit of time to re-flash, this time not keeping the configs and running my config.sh script to set things up.
>
> Rich
>
> PS I don’t see a 3.10.19 posted on http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/wndr/ yet.

You guys are so eager to subject yourselves to new releases! take a
weekend off! It's lovely in california right now...

I didn't see anything in 3.10.19 that is truly needed right now. there
is some good work being done on fixing random number generation in the
mainline, dnsmasq has an update, pie is 99.999999999% ready for
mainline, but there's nothing I can do to push those faster...

and I am ashamed to admit that the big reason why I haven't dug in to
fix sysupgrade was because I haven't cleaned up the yurt in a while.
Somewhere in it is buried the bus pirate

http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Bus_Pirate

that I need to get to the serial port to get to see what the heck is
going wrong at the command line. So I'm going to shovel out and reorg
the place while the weather is good and hopefully that will show up.

I have a feature request for the aqm gui - in that many fields don't
need to be exposed if the encapsulation is ethernet. I fear in making
the dsl users happy we will confuse the others.

What other open questions do we have?

Firewall rules good?
minissd working?
upnp working?