[Cerowrt-devel] if you can't tell

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Thu Nov 14 15:11:29 EST 2013

Hi Dave,

On Nov 14, 2013, at 20:57 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Richard E. Brown
> <richb.hanover at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dave,
>>
>> The flurry of comments on 3.10.18 that I posted were partially caused because I used sysupgrade (the first time ever! Previously, I had used tftp.) and I think some problems were caused because I kept the configuration. I’m looking for a bit of time to re-flash, this time not keeping the configs and running my config.sh script to set things up.
>>
>> Rich
>>
>> PS I don’t see a 3.10.19 posted on http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/wndr/ yet.
>
> You guys are so eager to subject yourselves to new releases! take a
> weekend off! It's lovely in california right now…

	;) it happens to be cold wet and foggy in Germany, a really nice autumn as it should be in that part of the world, but I sure miss California (I always loved how the rain season made SoCal green again)

> I didn't see anything in 3.10.19 that is truly needed right now. there
> is some good work being done on fixing random number generation in the
> mainline, dnsmasq has an update, pie is 99.999999999% ready for
> mainline, but there's nothing I can do to push those faster...
>
> and I am ashamed to admit that the big reason why I haven't dug in to
> fix sysupgrade was because I haven't cleaned up the yurt in a while.
> Somewhere in it is buried the bus pirate
>
> http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Bus_Pirate
>
> that I need to get to the serial port to get to see what the heck is
> going wrong at the command line. So I'm going to shovel out and reorg
> the place while the weather is good and hopefully that will show up.
>
> I have a feature request for the aqm gui - in that many fields don't
> need to be exposed if the encapsulation is ethernet. I fear in making
> the dsl users happy we will confuse the others.

	Okay, unless more skilled hands take this over, I will have a go at this (most likely next week, as I expect visitors over the weekend). Interestingly are all options also valid for ethernet, so what about putting all those commands on a second tab that it easier to ignore? Anyway, I see what I can do...

> What other open questions do we have?
>
> Firewall rules good?
> minissd working?
> upnp working?

	I have not yet tested anything in particular, but then I see no problems either, so my (current) take is 3.11.18 is a keeper :)

Best Regards & enjoy the weekend
	Sebastian