[Cerowrt-devel] if you can't tell

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sun Nov 17 16:59:12 EST 2013

Hi Dave,

On Nov 14, 2013, at 20:57 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Richard E. Brown
> <richb.hanover at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dave,
>>
>> The flurry of comments on 3.10.18 that I posted were partially caused because I used sysupgrade (the first time ever! Previously, I had used tftp.) and I think some problems were caused because I kept the configuration. I’m looking for a bit of time to re-flash, this time not keeping the configs and running my config.sh script to set things up.
>>
>> Rich
>>
>> PS I don’t see a 3.10.19 posted on http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/wndr/ yet.
>
> You guys are so eager to subject yourselves to new releases! take a
> weekend off! It's lovely in california right now...
>
> I didn't see anything in 3.10.19 that is truly needed right now. there
> is some good work being done on fixing random number generation in the
> mainline, dnsmasq has an update, pie is 99.999999999% ready for
> mainline, but there's nothing I can do to push those faster...
>
> and I am ashamed to admit that the big reason why I haven't dug in to
> fix sysupgrade was because I haven't cleaned up the yurt in a while.
> Somewhere in it is buried the bus pirate

	So this is weird, but I noticed that we have a mount binary in /usr/bin that seems to be earlier in our path than busy box's /bin/mount. So I just went and replaced all "mount" invocations in /lib/upgrade/common.sh with "busy box mount" and that seems to have done the trick (it upgraded and rebooted into a pristine 3.10.18-1, I am not sure whether the firmware partition was really overwritten, but the overlay partition surely was wiped). It seems that the option handling of /usr/bin/mount chokes on the actual mount invocations in that script (I noticed that the move of /proc failed and from then on it was downhill). I am not sure whether my modification to common.sh is not too ugly to live, but I assume that the grown-ups ail find a proper way to fix this now :) And what I currently do not understand is why the GUI method worked since that is just calling the sys upgrade script from "/"...

> http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Bus_Pirate
>
> that I need to get to the serial port to get to see what the heck is
> going wrong at the command line. So I'm going to shovel out and reorg
> the place while the weather is good and hopefully that will show up.
>
> I have a feature request for the aqm gui - in that many fields don't
> need to be exposed if the encapsulation is ethernet. I fear in making
> the dsl users happy we will confuse the others.

So I had a quick go at this one:
Please put the attached file
/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/aqm.lua