[Cerowrt-devel] ietf report (Brief)

Maciej Soltysiak maciej at soltysiak.com
Fri Nov 15 05:01:19 EST 2013

> 1) The pie folk announced the selection of a variant of pie as the
> default and mandatory *on* aqm algorithm for docsis 3.1 cable modems.
> There is support for alternate algos, and nothing has been decided for
> CMTSes or docsis 3.0. It's going to take years for hardware to appear
> on this...
Plus, there are other issues. For example, the docsis 3.0 cable modem
I got from my ISP is a Cisco EPC 3925 that doesn't seem to be very
hackable and there's just the Web GUI that gets the user/pass
overwritten after some time after resetting it. Not much to tinker
though.

Question: I'm running cero with the 90% qos throughput trick behind
this Docsis 3.0 modem. Does it look like in the future I should
replace it with a 3.1 modem with PIE and stop doing the 90% trick on
cero?

Best regards,
Maciej