[Cerowrt-devel] nftables

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 14:37:14 EDT 2013

I am happy to see a replacement for iptables begin to emerge. There's
lots of cool things about it, and it's my hope the vm is actually fast
enough to use in complex ways. It's generally the "expressibility" of
iptables that makes me bats; it's very difficult to automatically make
efficient rules - a human can generally do much, much better.

But that said: I don't plan to fiddle with it in this release cycle,
nor, probably, the next. It's cool that it's landing in 3.13, but I
would anticipate it taking several releases to shake out enough to
even try out on a non-x86 platform.

At the moment I plan to be on 3.10.X for a long time.

And I'd like to get the "I" out of the paragraphs above and more into a "we".