[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.13-2 released

Török Edwin edwin+ml-cerowrt at etorok.net
Tue Oct 1 10:28:34 EDT 2013

On 10/01/2013 04:42 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
> + Proved it is possible to build an OS release on a "Narrowboat"
> -  but not test one without hacking at the 12v power supply off the solar panel
> + merge with openwrt head
> + dnsmasq 2.67test17
> + ipv6subtrees now part of 3.10.12
> + htb adsl fixes also
> + Simon kelly is starting to finalize dnsmasq 2.67 now that summer is over
>
> - still no fix for the sysupgrade bug
> - Most of the get_cycles() and /dev/random keruffle has settled down
> but I did not fold the latest patchset for that into this. The
> discussion on PRNGs was very illuminating and worth reading.There were
> multiple threads on this topic on lkml, this is one:
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/9/10/188

Does this mean that we can get rid of running rngd the wrong way? [1]

[1] Currently cerowrt runs rngd -r /dev/urandom, which is exactly what should not be done
,as it would essentially make /dev/random non-blocking like /dev/urandom and fool userspace into generating keys without enough entropy, etc.:
https://lwn.net/Articles/525459/

Best regards,
--Edwin