[Cerowrt-devel] CeroWrt: "Wireless is disabled or not associated" using channel 40 or 48 for 5GHz radio

Richard E. Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 12:34:53 EDT 2013

I wanted to change the channels for my secondary CeroWrt router (I'm using 3.7.5 as my primary…) When I set the channel to 36 or 44, everything seems OK. When I attempt either channel 40 or 48, I get the following in the Wifi tab:

---
Atheros AR9220 802.11an (radio1)

0%	SSID: CEROwrt5 | Mode: Client
Wireless is disabled or not associated

0%	SSID: CEROwrt-guest5 | Mode: Master
Wireless is disabled or not associated

0%	SSID: babel | Mode: Ad-Hoc
Wireless is disabled or not associated
---

Other info:

a) I find this using *both* 3.7.5 and 3.10.17-1

b) The only diff's between the /etc/config/wireless file between working and not is the channel option:

option channel '44'
  vs…
option channel '48'

c) It happens using either the luci web interface or the following script:

---
echo 'Setting 2.4 & 5 GHz channels'
uci set wireless.radio0.channel=6
uci set wireless.radio1.channel=40
---

Is this expected? If not, what other information could I provide?

Rich