[Cerowrt-devel] Having issue upgrading to latest image 3.10.36-4

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Sun Apr 13 09:57:39 EDT 2014

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 5:58 AM, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
> I think Valdis Kletnieks reported the same for a 3800. Please try the "manual" route described below and report back your results to the list:

I attempted an upgrade using the web interface from -3 to -4 and it
also failed. I tried from the shell:

root at cerowrt:/tmp# sysupgrade -c -v
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-wndr3800-squashfs-sysupgrade_new.bin
Saving config files...
etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.pem
etc/passwd-
etc/fw_env.config
etc/shadow
etc/passwd
etc/group-
etc/ethers
etc/config/wireless
etc/config/system
etc/config/polipo
etc/config/ucitrack
etc/config/network
etc/config/ubootenv
etc/config/dropbear
etc/config/firewall
etc/config/upnpd
etc/config/fstab
etc/config/luci
etc/config/dhcp
etc/config/sqm
etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key
etc/dropbear/authorized_keys
etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key
etc/sudoers
etc/shadow-
etc/samba/secrets.tdb
etc/samba/smbpasswd
etc/group
etc/firewall.user
killall: watchdog: no process killed
Sending TERM to remaining processes ... logd netifd odhcpd lighttpd
crond lighttpd snmpd pimd xinetd dbus-daemon smbd nmbd avahi-daemon
miniupnpd polipo babeld natpmp ahcpd rngd ntpd dnsmasq ubusd askfirst
Sending KILL to remaining processes ... askfirst
Switching to ramdisk...
Performing system upgrade...
Unlocking firmware ...

Writing from <stdin> to firmware ...
Appending jffs2 data from /tmp/sysupgrade.tgz to firmware...TRX header not found
Error fixing up TRX header

Upgrade completed
Rebooting system...

After reboot:

root at cerowrt:~# cat /etc/openwrt_release
DISTRIB_ID="CeroWrt"
DISTRIB_RELEASE="3.10.36-4"
DISTRIB_REVISION="r40438"

The system appears to be working okay, except my 2.4GHz interface is
missing - I haven't spent any real time looking into that.

Regards,

Joel