[Cerowrt-devel] Full blown DNSSEC by default?

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sun Apr 13 13:57:01 EDT 2014

Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> writes:

> Boingo has sent out a mail to all customers saying they were not
> affected, but I do worry a lot about the overall security of
> enterprise wifi and 802.1x ethernet networks in general.

FWIW the 802.1x authentication usually works in one of two modes:
MSCHAPv2 which is Microsoft's challenge/response protocol that never
ships passwords over the wire (setups that authenticate against an
Active Directory, or people who want to support windows clients natively
will run in this mode), or EAP-TTLS which has a second end-to-end TLS
tunnel from the wireless client all the way back to the authentication
server. Presumably the latter will also be vulnerable to heartbleed
until updated, but at least there's another layer of turtles there.

-Toke