[Cerowrt-devel] Network behavior of Moca bridges

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 17:05:36 EDT 2014

I'd like to note that I've got several private reports of really bad,
oft bufferbloated and (also underbuffered!) behavior on moca bridges,
and if you are in a position to benchmark such, more public data on
the problems would be nice.

It generally looks like the same folk that designed homeplug products
were involved in moca, with similar behaviors as described below with
hardware flow control and the like, in addition to possible
underbuffering and issues with shared media backoffs...

http://caia.swin.edu.au/reports/130121A/CAIA-TR-130121A.pdf

http://caia.swin.edu.au/reports/130417A/CAIA-TR-130417A.pdf

But we lack hard public data on how the moca devices actually work or
public testing.