[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.36-6 released

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Mon Apr 21 17:34:03 EDT 2014

Hi Dave,

On Apr 21, 2014, at 21:42 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 12:18 PM, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi Dave,

>>> And more eyeballs.
>>
>>        Oh, sure!

>>> Inflict away.
>>
>>        Great, I just pushed a number of changes reworking the handling of IFB devices (WIP, lightly tested not fully complete but saner than the previous hard coding). I also snuck in the change I believe to me the last missing piece to change the "default" behavior to auto.
>>        How do I build an ilk packet from ceropackages? Then I could go and test a fresh install to see whether the committed changes actually chance the default ;).
>

> Well, it helps to have a buildable cerowrt of your own…

	;)

> OR, you can
> just bump up the version numbers
> in the makefiles like I just did, and do a new build of the
> "stable"-ish cerowrt (3.10.36-6), push it out, which I just
> did, and ask folk to make sure their /etc/opkg.conf points to the
> right 3.10.36-6 repo, and to then do a
>
> opkg update
> opkg upgrade luci-app-sqm sqm-scripts
>
> which should pick up and install those two packages for further testing.

	Great, since I was still on 3.10.36-4 I just started the sysupgrade -n to the new version. I assume it will drag in the new packets automagically and I should be able to see whether it worked...
	So, it seems to work now, unless one re-imports on's old config/sqm. I note that the current implementation is quite gentle, set the rates < 300kbps to actually see a change as reported by "tc -d qdisc".
	Now I just need to handle the situation that we are out of IFBs and than that is hopefully finished (the sanitize IFB handling part)

> I do look forward to the day where the kernel settles down enough to be able to
> incrementally improve/update/fix various packages and libraries only,
> or we come up with a way to make incremental updates work more often.

	More like a real distribution ;)

> in other news, making a little headway on the ubnt edgerouter:
>
> http://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX/S-FQ-CoDel-Support-Possible/m-p/800436/highlight/false#M28705

	Mmmh, maybe this can act as a somewhat future proof shaper/outer firewall combination, than the secondary cerowrt router will only have to deal with isolating the radios.

>> Oh and I do hope you have/will have a great vacation.
>
> thx. turned out getting a hotel in SJDS on easter was too hard so I
> didn't jump on a plane this weekend. I went biking in SF instead.

	So far this looked like an excellent weekend!

> Fell and either bruised or broke a rib.

	I hope it is just a bruise...

> Not sure if I'm going anywhere
> after that.

	"Gute Besserung", as we say over here, get well soon!

> It was nice to not think about the internet for a while anyway.

	Ah, exactly my plan for the rest of the moth…

Best Regards
	Sebastian