[Cerowrt-devel] Another wifi hang (3.10.32-12)?

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 18:33:40 EDT 2014

Folks,

I lost my 2.4GHz wifi yesterday after about two weeks of uptime. 5GHz worked fine. Both the failing machines were OSX laptops or iPads, but I failed to check with my Windows or Android devices. We had been away for ~24 hours, and had not been using it heavily before we left.

Since there was a fair amount of urgency from family members ("The internet's not working!!!") and since I didn't have a short list of things to record, I simply noted the uptime (~15 days) and rebooted. It came up fine.

I subsequently went through the cerowrt-devel messages to collect facts to gather should this happen again. That'll be the gist of my next note, but the following bits were still available after last night's reboot:

root at cerowrt:/etc# cat /etc/openwrt_release
DISTRIB_ID="CeroWrt"
DISTRIB_RELEASE="3.10.32-12"
DISTRIB_REVISION="r39976"
DISTRIB_CODENAME="toronto"
DISTRIB_TARGET="ar71xx/generic"
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="CeroWrt Toronto 3.10.32-12"
DISTRIB_TAINTS="no-all busybox"

root at cerowrt:/etc# egrep -i "country|channel|htmode" /etc/config/wireless
	option channel '11'
	option htmode 'HT20'
	option channel '36'
	option htmode 'HT20'