[Cerowrt-devel] Is there a sysadmin in the house?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 15:26:26 EDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Manuel Mendez <mmendez534 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Long time lurker here. Maybe I'm just a youngin but is there a reason why
> cerowrt/bufferbloat.net aren't on github/github pages?

Github is the package and code repository for cerowrt. The projects are
managed via redmine (actually, that, plus quite a lot of org-mode).

At the time of conception (2011) the additional services github now
provides were not
available.

I will think upon the idea of leveraging github more. They didn't offer ipv6
when last I checked, and we have a policy of using ipv6 everywhere.

And we are pretty closely tied to redmine.

> Same with the mailing list, why not just google group?

I am not fond of google groups at all, and vastly prefer conventional
email and  netnews interfaces. But I'm something of an old fart.

At this point, given the leverage that lists.bufferbloat.net has for
googlejuice, the idea of switching to a google group seems a step
backwards.

> I'm of the opinion of letting the professionals deal with all the spam and
> system resources and let's just get to the code.

I wouldn't mind at all if org-mode was a valid means of sharing project
management info.

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article