[Cerowrt-devel] eBPF filters for traffic classification?

David Lang david at lang.hm
Thu Dec 11 19:50:31 EST 2014

In part, I was thinking that this sort of thing could make experimenting with
codel or HTB tweaks much easier. If the classification logic could be written to
be compiled into eBPF filters, then changing the classification would be just
hoping that the performance would be on the same order as C code (even though
it's interpreted by the eBPF engine), so it wouldn't have the large performance
hit that we have with the current throttling code for example.

David Lang