[Cerowrt-devel] IPv6 on AT&T

Bill Merriam lists at billmerriam.com
Sat Feb 8 13:12:18 EST 2014

On Thu, 6 Feb 2014 16:50:58 -0500
Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have discovered that several forms of tunnelling no longer work
> (sigh, 1 step forward, 2 back) on networks like AT&Ts. This shows some
> documentation on how people used to get 6rd up on AT&T
>
> https://www.tunnelbroker.net/forums/index.php?topic=2293.0
>
> And this reports it recently broken.
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28530086-AT-T-now-blocking-IPv6-tunnels
>
> I have ordered a ipv6 capable dsl box for the one AT&T based network I
> have access to.
>
> I still haven't got hurricane electric to work again on comcast,
> either, since I got an ipv6 capable modem. This has caused all sorts
> of renumbering headaches... and I don't know what to point fingers at.
>
> Anybody have working ipv6 on AT&T?

I have ATT DSL in Gainesville, Florida, USA and my ATT 6rd tunnel works
and my HE tunnel works also.  I have a Westell 6200 modem.  I put it in
bridge mode so PPPoe and the tunnels are all running from cerowrt.

I don't routinely activate either tunnel since it slows down my
traffic.

I have a long ago grandfathered fixed IP4 address.  Because of the way
6rd works that gives me fixed IPv6 addresses.

BTW.  One benefit of the HE tunnel over ATT 6rd is that HE lets me
control rDNS.  I doubt ATT will ever provide that for a residential
account.

Bill