[Cerowrt-devel] going back to the default multicast rate on wifi

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 12:48:19 EST 2014

Despite success with a variety of devices in increasing cerowrt's
multicast rate from 1mbit to 9, I have found two that can't handle it,
notably an older android tablet (the original nexus 7), and an iwl
wifi card.

The value I used for this option in /etc/config/wireless was derived
from what freifunct uses for their mesh network. It makes sense to run
the mesh at this rate, but apparently not APs.

So if you have been experiencing problems getting boxes to connect to
the last couple comcast versions of cero, go into that file and
comment out these entries.

#       option mcast_rate '9000'

Those of you with success stories on this setting please share them.

I don't think this has anything to do with the the ht40+ MCS15 problem at 5ghz.