[Cerowrt-devel] going back to the default multicast rate on wifi

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Mon Feb 10 13:39:40 EST 2014

Hi Dave,

On Feb 10, 2014, at 18:48 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> Despite success with a variety of devices in increasing cerowrt's
> multicast rate from 1mbit to 9, I have found two that can't handle it,
> notably an older android tablet (the original nexus 7), and an iwl
> wifi card.
>
> The value I used for this option in /etc/config/wireless was derived
> from what freifunct uses for their mesh network. It makes sense to run
> the mesh at this rate, but apparently not APs.
>
> So if you have been experiencing problems getting boxes to connect to
> the last couple comcast versions of cero, go into that file and
> comment out these entries.
>
> #       option mcast_rate '9000'
>
> Those of you with success stories on this setting please share them.

	So, here I go: cerowrt 3.10.28-1, 16GB nexus7 wifi only (first generation, but not first batch, from just after the entry model was upgraded to 16GB) works fine on the 2.4GHz network with the following in config wifi-iface
        option mcast_rate '9000'
Since I also have no problems using ht40+ on channel 44, maybe it is related to my choice of "option country 'DE'" ?

Also working are a macbook and a macbook pro and two nexus 4s, no issues so far.

best regards
	Sebastian