[Cerowrt-devel] just when I thought it was safe to do a release

edwin edwin at etorok.net
Wed Feb 19 15:21:00 EST 2014

On 02/19/2014 06:29 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
> Does anyone care about cups?

Not on the router.

> (printing?)

Yes, but for that I run p910nd on the router and cups itself on my desktop/laptop.
Works well most of the time, I managed to break it occasionally only if I power-cycle the router/printer/laptop in the wrong order, nothing to be concerned about.

> It was one of those things that
> just barely works in the first place due to memory constraints and a PITA
> and I haven't shipped it in a while. Most printers are network capable
> these days, and what I tend to use the usb port for is odd devices
> and gps and the like. I'd like to have support for a 3g modem or two...

> Two concerns of mine are that I killed off udev, which used to manage
> hotplugging. I'd like to know what, if anything, people are using the usb
> for, so as to be able to make sure losing udev doesn't break that...

I have this in /etc/config/p910nd:
config p910nd
        option bidirectional '1'
        option enabled '1'
        option device '/dev/usb/lp0'
        option port '9'

I'm still on 3.7.5-2 though, the 3.10.x builds looked rather experimental and I would not rather run them as my WNDR is my main router.

FWIW these are the packages that I installed on my 3.7.5-2:
kmod-leds-wndr3700-usb
kmod-usb-printer
luci-app-p910nd
p910nd