[Cerowrt-devel] just when I thought it was safe to do a release

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Wed Feb 19 15:32:03 EST 2014

HI Dave,

On Feb 19, 2014, at 17:29 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:11 AM, David Personette <dperson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I installed 3.10.28-12, and other than some missing packages (bash and curl
>
> Heh. What do you guys do, have a cron job polling for changes to the build dir?
> :)
>
> I was going to sit on that and put out a more polished version sometime in
> the next couple days.
>
>> were what I noticed, and pulled from the previous version
>
> I killed some big packages while trying to get a new build done faster.
>
> I'll sort through the missing ones and add them back in. (I also just
> added in squid, per request). Got a big build box donated to use
> again, post disaster.
>
> Does anyone care about cups? (printing?) It was one of those things that
> just barely works in the first place due to memory constraints and a PITA
> and I haven't shipped it in a while. Most printers are network capable
> these days, and what I tend to use the usb port for is odd devices
> and gps and the like. I'd like to have support for a 3g modem or two...
>
> Two concerns of mine are that I killed off udev, which used to manage
> hotplugging. I'd like to know what, if anything, people are using the usb
> for, so as to be able to make sure losing udev doesn't break that…

	On my wnder3700v2m I only use the USB to mount a USB stick, for a large persistent /home directory (for cerowrt images mainly, and persistent vnstat data so I can monitor consumed data volume per month) and a swap partition (under the theory that I rather have things slow to molasses while going though paging-purgatory compared to have the rout go belly-up). I have not tested 3.10.20-12 yet, but will holler if mounting the usb stick does not work without udev (but I assume it does not care too much about udev….)

>> comcast/3.10.28-4). It's working great for me. Throughput on WiFi from my
>> laptap to wired server is up, from 7-9MB to 10-12MB. Thank you.
>
> I still think there is some tuning to be done on a rrul load, but we had
> to get the last of the instruction traps out of the way first. As of
> this morning
> so far as I know, the "last" ones are gone, but I don't want to jinx it…

	Great, so that will be in the next non-release then ;) ?

Best Regards
	Sebastian